This blueberry sauce is a great substitute for sugary breakfast toppings:
Only five minutes to make this luxurious fruit sauce! The concentrated flavor of fresh blueberries is hard to beat! It’s truly sensational, so feel free to double recipe if you love a delicious topping sauce that’s not too sweet.
Luxurious blueberry sauce is a good substitute for whipped toppings, too!
I would usually have made whipped cream or whipped aquafaba (chickpea cooking liquid) but didn’t want to go overboard with sugar, having just gotten off my Type 2 Diabetic medication last week (again). I’m exercising more and plan to be white sugar-free for good this time!
- 2 C Fresh Blueberries (1 pint)
- ½ C Water
- 1 T Agave nectar, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook for five minutes to reduce and concentrate flavor, remove from heat; mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Strain into a fine mesh strainer, if desired.
- Serve warm over fruit, pancakes, waffles, crepes, or desserts.
You might like to see some more sauces. Here’s my only 3 ingredient recipe for Strawberry Chambord sauce. Or, how about some other recipes for breakfast, too?