Convenient, and so amazingly delicious!
You’ll go crazy for these incredible, hearty and portable breakfast bars! This has creamy, chewy texture, plus baking gives it so much golden browned and crispy appeal, to die for. We love breakfast oatmeal at my house but, if you need something that can be eaten on the go, these oatmeal breakfast bars are a great substitution! All the yummy fiber and nutrition you need, with all the sweet banana maple flavor you’ll love!
Time to go Vegan or plant-based?
This is the perfect recipe for vegans, or someone who wants to try plant-based foods in their diet. This carb-hearty treat is the perfect transition food. Using lite coconut, or nut milk instead of cow’s milk is easily missed because it has so much familiar flavor from the oats, bananas and maple syrup. It’s so satisfyingly delicious!
- • 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided use
- • 1 ½ C 2 % milk, or alternate milk)
- • ½ C Water
- • ½ C Maple syrup instead
- • ¼ C melted coconut oil
- • 2 T Vanilla extract
- • ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- • ½ C Raisins, or dried fruit
- • ½ C Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- • ½ C Unsweetened coconut flakes
- • 1 banana, divided, cut thinly to place on top and into milk mixture
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil; then spray with nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil/grease.
- In a blender or food processor, process 1 cup of the oats with the milk, water, maple syrup, coconut oil, ½ banana, and salt, until smooth.
- Arrange the remaining 2 cups oats in an even layer in the prepared pan.
- Add coconut and raisins, then, slowly pour in the coconut milk-oat mixture.
- Use a spatula to gently combine and evenly distribute the batter in the pan.
- Finish by topping with thinly sliced banana with the remaining ½ banana.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 43 to 45 minutes until set at the center, crispy at the edges and golden brown.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center that comes out with slight crumbs.
- If needed, for extra crispy edges/golden color, turn the oven to broil (high) and broil for 1-4 minutes; leaving on the middle rack of oven, until desired color is reached.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan and cutting into 9 squares. (If you let it cool completely, your bars will cut very cleanly.)
- Serve warm, or cool completely.
- Re-warm in microwave for 30-45 seconds, if desired.
- Store the completely cooled squares in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You might also enjoy breakfast oatmeal recipes flavored like pies and cake, or other breakfast recipes. Or, try my Chocolate cherry No-bake Bars.