Want to Eat More Salads?
I’ll let you in on a must-try salad topping combo that will make you fall in love with salads, or at least have a major crush! It is…roasted chickpeas (aka: garbanzo beans) and nutritional yeast (aka: nooch). At 6 grams of protein in 1/4 C of chickpeas, it will help you fill up faster and tastes so fantastic!
Roasted Chickpeas Taste Better:
Chickpeas from a can are soft and squishy. But, once roasted, they add a nutty crunch. Use 1/4 cup per serving.
Using Nutritional Yeast:
The flaky nutritional yeast, adds a dusting of slightly cheesy, unami flavor. Use 1 teaspoon per serving.
The Heavenly Combo:
Once combined, roasted chickpeas and nutritional yeast, add a deeply satisfying flavor you’ll love on many salads. As a shortcut, you can find both at Whole Foods or your grocery store. I love the brand Saffron Road for chickpeas. The have fantastic flavors. It’s a great time saver and makes a great snack all on their own.
Click here to see some salad recipes to top with this wonderful combo.
- 1 15oz can Chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried over a bath towel
- 1 T Avocado oil
- ½ t Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Dry chickpeas, removing loose skins to make them crispier and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and stir to coat well.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir to distribute evenly.
- Pour onto a large sided baking sheet.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- When golden browned and dry to the touch, remove from oven.
- Let cool at least 5-10 minutes.
- They will get crisper as they cool.