This hummus is mildly spicy and super delicious!
This beautiful pink and healthy beet jalapeno hummus variation is so quick, you’ll want to make it for entertaining, or everyday snacks. This plant based dip is so great tasting, and inexpensive, just process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, and have chopped dipping vegetables ready. Simple! For some reason, once you add the jalapeno, it makes the chickpeas taste, a bit like tortilla chips have been mixed in! Delicious!
These chickpeas are loaded with protein, high-fiber, and anti-inflammatory nutrients that make it a great snack for weight loss, stabilizing blood sugar, and that’s not even addressing the superfood beets ingredient!
- 1 T Garlic, chopped
- 1 T Jalapeno, no seeds, chopped, or to taste
- 1 15oz can Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas), drained+ reserve ¼ C liquid from can
- ¼ C reserved chickpea liquid
- 1 sml Lemon, juiced (about 2 T)(or lime juice)
- 1 sml Beet, peeled, cooked, chopped very fine(about ¼ C or more)(store bought is fine for convenience)
- 1 t Kosher sea salt
- Combine ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and puree until very smooth.
- Taste, adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add more liquid from chickpeas to make a thinner dip if necessary.
- Serve with finger foods such as carrots, celery, bell pepper sticks if desired.