If you keep eating like this, you’ll live a lot longer!
This smoothie is thickened with chia seeds and the beautiful green color makes a great canvas for more toppings like the reddish-orange, dried, Goji berries. This are know for longer life benefits. Record of the goji berry is known from over 5,000 years ago. In ancient Chinese medecine, it is know as the “longevity berry”. It has a unique sweet-tart taste.
How to incorporate them into your diet?
You can add these Himalayan grown berries to trail mix, yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, and more. Add a small handful into a cup of hot water and steep for 5-10 minutes to make your own goji tea!
- 2 C Baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 banana, peeled, chopped fresh or frozen
- 2 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
- 1 T Vanilla extract
- 2-3 T Agave nectar
- 1 T Chia seeds, optional
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and process until very smooth.
- Pour into bowls, and serve with fresh fruit and goji berries if desired.