This tastes indulgent! It also includes 4 superfoods; spinach, tomato, quinoa, and garlic. Sorry mushrooms! So deeply satisfying and delicious! It’s a perfect bed for beautifully sliced cooked chicken breasts. But, if you want to eat vegan, you may have already “batch cooked” the quinoa, if not, directions are provided below for my favorite way to cook it; in an instant pot, a new version of the electric pressure cooker. Vegans and vegetarians will know, the quinoa has so much protein on its’ own, you don’t really need to add any meat!
Here’s a link to my recipe for Instant Pot Quinoa.
- 1 T Olive oil
- ½ t heaping, Pressed or finely minced garlic
- 8oz pkg Mushrooms, white, washed and sliced to make about 2 ½ C
- 3 Green onions, trimmed and sliced about ⅓ C
- 10 Orange grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise.
- ¼ t Kosher sea salt, or to taste
- 2 C loosely packed Baby spinach
- 1 C Cooked white quinoa, room temperature (or, see recipe below)
- In a large skillet oven med-high heat; warm olive oil.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms have released their juice and then are golden browned.
- Stir in green onions, tomatoes and salt; reduce heat and cook on low for one minute.
- Stir in spinach and cover with lid; for one minute to barely wilt spinach.
- Stir in quinoa and cover with lid, for one minute, to warm and continue to wilt spinach lightly.
- Serve warm.