It’s so easy! This is a go-to dish I like to make when I’m in a hurry. When I find thin sliced chicken breasts at the grocery store, I like to layer and roll with ham, cheese, vegetables or whatever is handy for extra flavor inside the breast. When topped with Seasoned bread crumbs, the texture is delicious and crunchy outside, and creamy inside. A fantastic contrast!
This can be very versatile, for example, it’s great with cheese, avocado and sun-dried tomatoes!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thin cut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 C Baby spinach leaves, divided
- 4 slices cooked ham or Canadian bacon rounds
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 8”X8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice, a few baby spinach leaves, and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast from short side, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, seam side down, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and meat thermometer is at 162 degrees. Bread crumbs will be nicely browned.
- Allow to cool slightly, carefully remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.