You’ll love this fabulous breakfast quinoa!
Many of my favorite flavors are in this sweet breakfast bowl of quinoa, just loaded with nutrition, especially protein, and tasty enough to make you want to eat healthy everyday! It wasn’t that long ago that I thought of quinoa as a savory food only. It you think of quinoa as an alternative to oatmeal, you’ve got just the right idea for this tasty bowl of flavor.
- 1⅓ C White Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 C Original Blue Diamond Almond Coconut Blend (or the milk of your choice)
- 1 T Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (solid is ok, it doesn’t need to be melted first)
- ⅓ C Agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 2 T Peanut butter
- ½ t Coconut extract (optional)
- ½ t Vanilla extract
- Garnish with 2 cups of fresh or canned fruit, energy balls, shredded unsweetened coconut, seeds, and/or nuts.
- Rinse and drain quinoa.
- Place in a medium saucepan with milk and coconut oil.
- Cook on medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer on med-medium-low, and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes longer, or until it reaches the desired consistency of thick, milky and loose.
- Remove from heat and add agave nectar, peanut butter, coconut extract and vanilla extract.
- Divide into four serving bowls, top with more milk, if desired.
- Garnish with fruit, nuts, seeds, or as desired.
You might like to try my other quinoa recipes such as cooked in an Instant Pot instead of the stove, or microwaved. And, try other flavors.