These are for you! If you love a crunchy and crispy, golden browned croutons on your salad, vegetables, or power bowl, you must give these a try. Much tastier and healthier than store-bought ones, these are quick to make! This is my everyday bread; I use a super healthy store-bought bread for these croutons that’s high in protein and fiber, and loaded with tasty seeds and nuts. It’s called Dave’s Killer Bread Good Seed.
And, if you’re not familiar with it, a great seasoning salt I always have in my spice rack is Trocomare®. It’s originally created by a health pioneering Swiss Naturopath, in a yearlong process that integrates the full herb and vegetable flavor into the salt crystal. If you’re trying to cut down on sodium, use this instead of salt! It’s really delicious on vegetables, too!
- 4 slices Dave’s Killer Organic Bread Good Seed®, or other high fiber & protein bread
- ½ t A. Vogel Trocomare® Original Organic Herb Seasoning Salt, or other herb mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place an oven-safe cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Making a stack of 2 slices of bread, cut off crusts, cut into desired bite-sized shape; repeat with next two slices.
- The smaller the croutons are, the quicker they will brown; I cut mine into 1 ½ x 1 ½ inch squares.
- In a medium bowl, place bread chunks and sprinkle with Trocomare® seasoning salt; toss well.
- Place bread chunks over cooling rack inside prepared baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn croutons over to toast the other side; cook for 4 more minutes, or until browned to your liking.
Find: Trocomare Seasoning Dave’s Killer Bread