Not too sweet or too tangy! This can be served as a light and elegant soup, perfect for summer. Or, my favorite way, as chilled soup shooters for an appetizer or dessert. Make 4 times this recipe to serve in a soup bowl for four servings, or as is for one serving. Flavors will intensify when refrigerated or chilled for a short time in the freezer. I’ve used cantaloupe here, but, honeydew, or watermelon are delicious also in this recipe.
- 1 C or ¼ Cantaloupe, peeled seeded and cubed
- 2t - 1 T Agave nectar
- ⅛ - ¼ t Finely chopped ginger, optional
- 4 Fresh mint leaves
- Pinch Kosher sea salt
- 2 t freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 half lemon)
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for best taste or keep in freezer for about half an hour before serving.