This is so delicious! With fall approaching after a long, hot summer, I’m starting to crave all the hot delicious, comforting foods I make when there’s a chill in the air. Granted, an overnight low of 60F degrees has me practically shivering right now. So, I’ve continued with this extraordinary series of cake and pie oatmeal recipes.
The only one I’ve tried so far that never made it to the blog was the zucchini bread oatmeal. That was quickly nixed by the family before I even created the recipe! Oh well, I’m not complaining because I came up with this stellar coconut cream pie that has me excited for breakfast to try it again!
- ½ C Old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ C Unsweetened almond, coconut, water, or milk of choice + extra to garnish
- 2 T Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T Agave nectar, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 T Coconut cream (canned is fine)
- 1 T Chia seeds
- ½ t Vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher sea salt
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes, if desired
- In a large bowl combine oats and water or milk.
- Cook uncovered in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove and add rest of ingredients, stirring well.
- Serve hot.
Want to see more Breakfast recipes? Try these granola recipes!