It really tastes like carrot cake! For most people, it’s hard to incorporate enough (or any) vegetables into breakfast. Here’s a painless way to get a healthier amount of vegetables because it has all the flavors of carrot cake. But, it’s actually good for you! If you want more cake in your life- here’s how you can do it while maintaining a healthy weight. And if you love this recipe, you’ve got to try my Healthy German Chocolate Cake Oatmeal, Apple pie oatmeal ,too!
- ⅔ C Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 C Water
- ½ C Grated carrot, about 2 and up to 4 carrots
- ¼ C Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T Raisins
- ½ t Vanilla Extract
- ½ t Ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Kosher sea salt
- ¼ C Unsweetened Almond milk
- ¼ t Chia seeds, optional
- 2 T Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Place first 9 ingredients, ending with salt, into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Cook on high in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Allow to cool in oven for one minute.
- Stir in almond milk.
- Top with chia seeds and walnuts.
- Serve warm.
Want more Breakfast recipes? Try these granola recipes!
Submit your review