What a delicious and simple appetizer or anytime snack! When cool weather hits, warm up your oven (and tummy) with these 2 ingredient appetizers. The trick is: the better your ingredients, the fewer you need. In this case, the work has already been done for you at the butcher shop. I went to Chase’s Chop Shop in Madera, located in the Central San Joaquin Valley. An independent butcher has the flexibility and creativity to create artisan masterpieces that simply require your awareness and patronage. I was inspired by their dozens of fresh sausage types. I selected a Thanksgiving inspired creation with cranberries and pecans that reminded me of holiday stuffing. So delicious and memorable for holiday entertaining to football watching parties. And, so easy, anyone can successfully make these if you start with great sausages.
- 4 Fresh Artisan-made Seasoned Beef Sausages, 2” in diameter
- 2 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, lay whole sausages spread apart.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and using a pastry brush or paper towel, spread over top and sides to coat evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning half-way through to brown two sides.
- Feel free to cut into sausage to make sure they are done to your liking or, until a meat thermometer gets to 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven.
- On a plate with layers of paper towels, rest loosely covered with aluminum foil for five minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Place on a cutting board and slice into one inch wide cuts and arrange on a platter with toothpicks for serving.
Link to: Chase’s Chop Shop