How to Season Roasted Cauliflower:
If you’ve ever tasted and loved an everything bagel, you’ll love this simple roasted cauliflower recipe. It uses many of the same seasonings on that everything bagel. I’ve balanced it with thyme and paprika, too. Simple, convenient and very tasty!
How to Roast Cauliflower:
My favorite method to cook vegetables when the weather is cool is by roasting them. I prefer high temperatures and shorter cooking times. That means 450F degrees and just a few minutes in the upper third of the oven. It’s so easy and delicious! You’ll love what the flavorful seasonings and deep roasted flavor adds to ordinary cauliflower. This fits perfectly on one roasting tray.
How to Make Roasting Cauliflower Easy:
You can take the cooking time it needs to prepare the rest of your meal. The black and white sesame seeds in the seasoning mix add contrast, and onion and garlic, the lovely flavor. It’s so cleverly combined for the perfect finishing touch to vegetables, as well as bagels. I found it in the seasoning section of Trader Joes. Easy and convenient! Just keep an eye on the color, which should be lightly browned. Toss half way through for more even cooking. You never have to worry weather it’s done or not because you can test a thick piece with a fork to make sure it’s soft enough to be cut with a fork, but hard enough to not be too mushy.
- 1 med head Cauliflower, sliced and broken, with core removed
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 T Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 t Dried Thyme
- 1 t Ground Paprika
- ½ t Kosher Sea Salt (optional)
- ¼ t Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450F degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower, drizzle with olive oil, toss, sprinkle rest of seasonings, and toss again.
- Pour out cauliflower onto prepared sheet and cook for 15 minutes, or until very lightly browned and fork tender.
You can see other vegetable recipes in our recipe index. For other ways to cook cauliflower see this post for 5 more ways. To find the Trader Joe’s “Everything but the bagel seasoning mix”.