These lemon cookies are so irresistibly tangy and sweet. You’ll love them!
Lemon Zest Cookies
Soft, chewy with a hint of fresh lemon!
Author: Linda Davis
Recipe type: Dessert, snack
- 1 C Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ C Granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 T Lemon Zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 t Lemon Juice
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- ½ t Kosher sea salt
- ½ t Baking powder
- 2 ¼ C All purpose flour
- Lemon Glaze ingredients:
- 1 ½ C Powdered sugar
- 1 T Lemon Zest
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 2 T Milk
- ¼ t Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add lemon zest, juice, vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, add salt, baking powder and flour.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Scoop dough with a 1” scoop placing cookie dough about 2” apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edge of cookies.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients into a small bowl, whisking until well combined.
- Drizzle as desired over slightly warmed cookies.
- Allow time for glaze to dry and harden and cool completely before serving.