How to Roast Green Beans:
Roasted green beans, so simple and delicious! Roasting is one of my cool weather favorite cooking methods. It’s nice to warm the kitchen a little while you’re using the most delicious method to deepen vegetable flavors! I consider this an essential method everyone should know. Of course, I’ve incorporated some awesome flavors like lemon and garlic to make this side dish completely irresistible.
- 12oz. pkg. Fresh green beans, washed, stem ends trimmed
- 3 t Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise (a medium clove should yield 4 slices)
- 1 T Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t Lemon zest + 1 t shredded lemon zest to garnish
- ¼ t Kosher sea salt
- ⅛ t Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ t Granulated sugar (optional)
- 12 Grape or cherry tomatoes, orange or in any color
- 2 T Pine nuts, or sliced almonds
- 1 t Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to finish
- Set an oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Watch carefully and stir frequently as they can burn quickly! Immediately transfer to small bowl (don't leave them in hot pan as they will continue to cook); Set aside.
- Put the green beans in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced garlic, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest, kosher salt, pepper and sugar and toss well. Transfer the mixture to prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the beans and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the tomatoes to the oiled bowl and toss to coat; add more oil if needed.
- Remove from oven, stir with a spatula to promote even cooking, and add the oil coated tomatoes
- Continue roasting until the beans are tender throughout, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pine nuts until golden, about 2 minutes.
- When beans and tomatoes are fully cooked, the beans will be lightly browned but not shriveled.
- Remove from oven and place into serving platter.
- Add lemon juice, shredded lemon zest, pine nuts, and toss well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice if necessary.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
I hope you loved this recipe for roasted green beans!