The perfect drink! I hesitate to share this with you because when mixing greens and fruits into a smoothie, the color isn’t usually very nice! But I really like the taste! The spinach taste is covered by the fruits, so to me, it’s worth the sacrifice in color. Give this tasty and super nutritious smoothie a try. If you’re getting used to smoothies, but, aren’t quite to the point of green drinks, this is a perfect transition drink. Everyone loves fruit smoothies, and the colors are so beautiful, but start including greens in your fruit shakes and you’ll get used to green drinks, with mostly vegetables in no time. As for me, I’m still working my way towards even more super nutrition.
- 1 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, or soy, coconut, or 2%
- 1 C Baby Spinach, or other green
- 1 C Strawberries, fresh or frozen, or any kind
- 1 C Ice
- ½ Frozen banana
- ¼ C Vanilla Protein whey powder
- 1-2 T Agave nectar
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and process until smooth.
- Cooks’ note: when eating fresh bananas, I usually only want a half a banana, so I put the other half, peeled, in a plastic sandwich bag to freeze for smoothies.