If you like clean eating and want whole food goodness, try these delicious snacks! I get tired of making and eating hot bowls of oatmeal in the summer. Here’s a snack that gives you the fiber and vitamins of oatmeal and it’s cool and chilly. Take your time to make perfectly shaped balls, or use a scoop to form them very quickly. These require only five minutes to make, an optional five minutes to roll them into chopped nuts, and an extra five minutes to chill. Just right for a snack on the go!
- 1 C Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- ½ C Vanilla flavored protein powder
- ¼ C Chunky peanut butter
- 2 T Melted coconut oil (+ 1 t, or more, to be able to form into balls)
- 2 T Agave sweetener or honey
- ½ C Peanuts, finely chopped to roll balls in, if desired
- In a medium bowl combine oats and protein powder.
- Mix to combine.
- In another medium bowl, add peanut butter, coconut oil, and agave nectar or honey
- Mix to combine liquids.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- The mixture should be dry but able to carefully form balls of dough with your hands or a scoop.
- Roll balls into chopped peanuts to cover.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and carefully roll balls of dough, placing 9-2" balls or 12 smaller ones, on the plate.
- Refrigerate for five minutes, then, shape into tighter or rounder balls, if needed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container as needed.
You might also like to try Cinnamon Lemon Bliss Balls.