This will make you go vegan! These truly are worth 5 stars! You can make the other two recipes at any time and use them during the week. But, once you have the enchilada sauce and rice & bean recipes done, you’re ready to make these outstanding vegan enchiladas. Believe me, you won’t even miss the meat or the cheese! For me, that’s saying a lot! At one time, I wouldn’t have even considered eating vegan enchiladas. Sounds yucky, but, it’s NOT!
- Enchillada Ingredients:
- 8 (10”)Whole grain tortillas or vegetable tortillas
- 1 ¾ C Mild Enchillada sauce (recipe here) or, use canned
- 4 C Instant Pot Rice, Beans and Vegetables (recipe here)
- Garnish with tomatoes, avocado, black olives or fresh cilantro, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- The day before or, 40 minutes before needed, make the Instant pot beans and rice in an electric pressure cooker.
- On a stove top, 20 minutes before needed, make the easy enchilada sauce.
- In a 9 x 12 glass baking dish, pour ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of dish and spread over the inside bottom.
- Add ¼ cup of enchilada sauce to rice and bean mixture.
- Fill tortillas with ⅓ – ½ cup each of the rice and beans mixture.
- Rolling each tightly; place into the prepared baking dish.
- Pour over the rolled enchiladas, the remaining 1 ¼ cup of the enchilada sauce, making sure to cover nearly all the exposed tortillas.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, avocado, black olives or fresh cilantro, as desired.
- Serve warm or refrigerate tightly covered for up to 5 days or, it freezes well for 3 months.
You might also like the Enchilada Soup recipe.